Principle investigator: Prof. Dr. Roland Martin
We pursue research in the area of 'disease-focused systems biology'. The following specific aims will be investigated:
- Consolidate biobanking efforts; what shall be collected, SOPs, storage in which vessels, aliquoted into how many samples, pseudonymization, how to file and store data, regulatory approval
- Decide on and implement tools how to genotype patients
- Analyze data from heterogeneity of MS (HETOMS) studies (Hamburg); 100 patients that are already MRI phenotyped for whom we will have genotyping, exome sequencing and transcriptomics data (performed at Max Planck Institute for Psychiatry, Munich)
- Begin to develop tools to 'mine' data, i.e. integrate genotyping, transcriptomics and proteomics data into pathways; incorporation of already published knowledge
- Begin to develop assays that reflect specific aspects of MS pathogenesis, e.g. myelination/de-/remyelination; innate immune activation; T cell activation and others, in order to assess the role of genes, transcripts vis-à-vis the different phenotypes.